Are you suffering from constant hip pain that’s affecting your everyday life? If so, it could be time to see a hip specialist. Melbourne residents can contact highly experienced hip surgeon, Dr Chandrasekaran, for expert advice today. Don’t let hip pain stop you from doing the things you love the most.
A hip specialist will sometimes use an x-ray or MRI scan to determine the cause of your hip pain.
Benefits of seeing a hip specialist in Melbourne
There are a number of benefits of seeing a hip specialist:
- Identify the cause of your pain
- Reduce or eliminate pain
- Restore normal joint function
- Improve joint performance
- Receive a bespoke treatment plan
- Receive surgical treatment if necessary
When should I see a hip specialist in Melbourne?
If you’ve been suffering from hip pain for a significant amount of time and the pain and discomfort hasn’t subsided, you should seek the expertise of a hip specialist. Also if the pain starts to intensify and you can't move your leg or hip or you have sudden swelling or redness around your hip, you should see a hip specialist immediately.
Treatments for hip pain
Dr Chandrasekaran will often first trial non-surgical treatments to manage your hip pain but if that proves to be not enough, he may recommend surgery. The different treatment options include:
- Hip Conditioning Program - a range of exercises targeting the muscles around the hip, designed to improve strength and flexibility.
- Hyaluronic Acid Injections - provide pain relief and also increase the viscosity of the synovial fluid, acting as a shock absorber to protect the soft tissue from trauma.
- Radiofrequency Ablation - a new and innovative technique used to interfere with pain signals transmitted from the injured joint.
If necessary your hip specialist may recommend that you have surgery.
How much does it cost to see a hip surgeon in Melbourne?
The cost to see a hip surgeon in Melbourne will depend on your condition and the treatment you require. In order to understand exactly how much it will be, it’s best to book an appointment with Dr Chandrasekaran, who will be able to provide you with a full breakdown of costs.
Why choose MOATI as my hip specialist in Melbourne?
Dr Chandrasekaran is one of the most experienced surgeons in Melbourne and a hip specialist. He has carried out thousands of procedures over the years and has published 50 articles on hip and knee pain treatments. There is no one better to choose as your hip specialist in Melbourne.
Meet Dr Chandrasekaran
Dr Siva Chandrasekaran is a highly experienced orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in hip and knee surgery. He has completed prestigious international fellowships in the United Kingdom, United States and Switzerland and is a member of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and the Australian Orthopaedic Association.
He is committed to treating all his patients as if they were professional athletes, using the same meticulous approach to maximise the chance of them making a full recovery and ensuring they can resume normal activities as quickly as possible.
Our Consulting Locations
Cabrini Surgical Consulting
& Movement Precinct
- Area A, Level 1, 183 Wattletree Road, Malvern 3144
St Vincent's Private
- Suite 8, 240 Hoppers Lane, Werribee 3030
Cabrini Health Specialist
Centre Hawthorn East
- Level 2, 141 Camberwell Rd, Hawthorn East 3123